These Cheese Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms are tasty, fun, savory and delicious! Excellent for parties. With just a few ingredients, they’re raw vegan, all natural, super low fat but have lots of vitamins & fiber!
Smaller mushrooms will work well too, like baby Portobellos, especially if regular Portobellos are too tall for your dehydrator and may not fit between the trays.
You can choose to do 1 small/medium Cauliflower with 1 Zucchini which makes a slightly sweeter Cheese and quicker drying time! But will be light green unless you peel the zucchini 🙂 For more healthy Vegan Recipes please see Aloha.com
- 4 Portobello Mushrooms (stems chopped off, keep the gills)
- 1 Cauliflower (mostly florets)
- 1 Zucchini (optional)
- 1 C soaked raw unsalted Cashews (soaked 1/2 hour - 1 hour)
- 1 TB Nutrional Yeast (optional)
- Sprinkle dried Thyme
- Juice from 1 Lemon
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- Sea Salt to Taste
- 3-4 TB Balsamic dressing (or mix of Balsamic vinegar & oil)
- Squirt of your favorite sweetener
- Cut florets off Cauliflower (try to use mostly the top and not much of the stems)
- De-stem Portobellos
- Drizzle Balsamic dressing lightly into mushroom caps
- Peel Zucchini (if you're using one & you want a whiter cheese)
- Peel Garlic cloves
- Combine all ingredients in food processor, blend until smooth
- Taste & add more salt or sweetener if desired
- Gently scoop a few TB of White Cheese into Portobello Caps
- Place in dehydrator (if they're too tall, you may have to carefully slice bottoms off)
- Dehydrate 4-6 hours at 118F until they're soft and they look "cooked"
- Serve warm
- If you use a Zucchini they cheese may be sweeter and cook faster. These are tasty and elegant and wonderful as hors d'oeuvres, or as an addition to the main meal. Fabulous for a dinner party or to share with friends!