What’s the SECRET ingredient in this yummy creamy dressing? Long Yellow Summer Squash! But don’t tell anyone 🙂
Squash is wonderful way to add thickness to dips, sauces and spreads.
You’ll add fiber and nutrition and cut down on fat. But not flavor!
Did you know that Summer Squash isn’t really even a Vegetable??
It’s actually a hard walled Berry, like a cucumber or watermelon, and otherwise known as “Pepos”
This dressing also makes FABULOUS Kale Chips!
- 2 Med-Large long Yellow Summer Squash
- 3/4 C Tahini
- 2 TB Nutritional Yeast
- 2-3 Cloves Garlic, peeled
- Juice from 1 juicy Lemon
- 3 soft pitted Medjool Dates OR 2 TB raw Honey
- Small Handful fresh Cilantro leaves
- Sea Salt
- Trim the ends off the squash and cut into pieces
- Put into the food processor along with the other ingredients.
- Blend all ingredients until smooth.
- Store in Fridge, will last a few days.
- Taste to make sure the flavors are balanced.
- You can always add more salt, honey or lemon juice
- Feel free to add more Tahini if you want it thicker and creamier